Friday, January 29, 2010

Sunset at the Oceanside Harbor Jetty



We had a nice range of cloud types covering the sky today. Near the end of the day, it was looking a bit hazy, but I took a chance that the sun would pop through the clouds for sunset. I wanted to try a new spot and had some time to explore, so I headed down to Oceanside, past the pier to the harbor.

It turns out there's some nice restaurants and large parking lots along the beach and adjacent to the harbor. The only down side is that parking is a minimum of $5 at the beach. On the other hand, they have overnight parking/camping for $10/night.

Fortunately, there was a break in the clouds near the horizon, so the sun lit up the underside of the clouds nicely. To get this shot, I ventured out on the jetty, past the groups of people fishing and climbed down, closer to the water's edge. After the sun had set, I timed the shot to get a wave crashing against the jetty.


View Larger Map

Scott

1 comment: