Sunday, January 24, 2010

Storm day 5 - La Jolla Cove



This wave is another reason for why we're not diving (again) this weekend. This photo was taken at La Jolla Cove.

On my way down to La Jolla on Friday, I was rear ended on the freeway. Fortunately, it was nothing serious, but not a nice way to start a Friday. After calling my insurance and all of the other little details, I was on my way again.

The storm was nearing its end on Friday, so the rain was intermittent. However, each time I'd find a place to park and get out to take pictures, within 10 minutes it would start pouring again. Also, the waves were not crashing as cleanly against the shore as I had hoped. At the Childrens Pool wall, the wave energy was mostly lost by the time it hit the wall.

A few more pictures are up at:
http://underpressurephoto.com/Beaches/20100122-Storm-in-La-Jolla/

Scott

No comments:

Post a Comment