Sunday, February 28, 2010

Sunset at Batiquitos Lagoon



Sunset Sunday evening in Carlsbad.

I'm always looking for new places to shoot that are close to my house. Since I didn't have a lot of time before sunset, I headed down to Batiquitos Lagoon in Carlsbad, to try shooting looking west. This spot requires following a muddy dirt path that turns into hopping across large boulders, crossing under the freeway, and finding a good spot in the mud next to some fishermen.

The ducks behaved pretty well, as they didn't move around too much and the jet contrail lit up nicely. I packed up my gear after the color seemed to fade from the horizon. But... right after packing, a train passed by on the tracks. Next time I'll have to find out the train schedule and time it better. And then on the hike back to my truck, the sky lit up in pinks and reds. Of course.

Batiquitos Lagoon:

View Larger Map

Scott

No comments:

Post a Comment